National Health Care Is What God Wants: Oh Really?

I don't know much about football but I have often heard of the Hail Mary Pass referred to as a desperate act. When I began hearing high profile advocates of Obama's Health Care Reform proclaiming it as "what God wants", I couldn't help but think of that football phrase. Why would they even resort to that? Does anybody believe that any one of those politicians really cares what God wants? Who's God are they referring to? From what holy text do they base their statement upon?

I am no expert on the Bible but there is a lot of things we are not suppose to do in that book. Where are amendments to the Health Care Reform bill outlawing those as well? In fact with almost any politically sensitive issue that involves "christian morals", the argument is usually a self righteous and one sided view. I have yet to see Christians throwing out their TV sets and cancelling their cable or satellite services due to all the immoral programs churning out of the entertainment industry.

Following their logic I guess God wants the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, the bribes, the threats and by all means he wanted Stupak to sell his vote for that nifty airport. His vote represented the moderate Democrats stand on pro-life. What does it mean now? I'll tell you. Never mind all those unborn babies, we can always make more. I'm not saying life under Obama's Health Care plan is cheap, heck, look how much money the other states are going to pay for all these sweet deals.

Comments

Donovan Baldwin said…
Go get 'em, Tiger! Well said.

Love,

Your Proud Husband

Don

Popular posts from this blog

The Man With The Power

Arizona- Symptoms of Desperation

Part Time Americans - Full Time Hornets