Dying Is Easy

In 2011, there was a flu outbreak that was worse than usual. The media was dutiful in reporting it as such. The public likewise received their flu vaccines. I was one of them. I had always got a flu vaccine. I always had various side effects, but felt it was worth it. Little did I know. If you get a flu vaccine each year, that means each year you are also one year older, an older and older. My health had hit rock bottom during those years, yet I never took that into consideration when getting my flu vaccine. I was civic minded. I was patriotic. I was willing to take a hit to the gut if it meant subjecting myself to inconvenience for the public good.

In October of that year, my husband and I went to Walgreens to get our flu vaccine. He is 12 years older than me. He is the one that went up to the pharmacy register to request our vaccines. After a brief wait, we were summoned to a small room and given our vaccine. We went home. By that night I was my typical after shot side effects. Next day was worse. They day after that was worse yet still. I was sick for a week. I was bedridden sick. Unfortunately, we had a plumbing problem and I needed to leave my sickbed and help my husband mop up. The maintenance man was also there. I sat down to rest. Afterall, I was sick. I had a very strange feeling in my chest. It was such an anomaly that I told my husband about it. Normally we might have chatted a bit about it, but the maintenance man overheard and said he was call 911. I think we would have preferred to discuss it, but before we could object, he was already talking to the 911 operator and they were on their way.

By the time the paramedics arrived I was much worse. Pain between the shoulder blades, arms slightly ache, but my wrists were hurting. Into the ambulance, trying to answer questions, and out dead. I was dead before we left the parking lot. I stayed dead until we were right outside the hospital emergency. Much happened in between. Even more happened afterwards. Just so you know, I blame Walgreens greed for killing me. Just so you know, I lost my Vaccine Court claim AND appeal. Just so you know, I struggle with not being resentful and bitter. How am I doing so far? Yeah, I’ll tell you about the in between part and most certainly the afterward part. Later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Man With The Power

Arizona- Symptoms of Desperation

Where is the Panic?